Alexandra DesmondBrett TarrCaesarsCharlotte Riser HarrisComcastCSX TransportationDawn RadcliffeGEHessHoneywellLaura CurranMcDonald'sMichael ArkfeldMichael ChungMichael KnightRon HarryS&P GlobalSouthern California EdisonSykes Enterprises IncorporatedTransCanadaU.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
See who made the list — and join us for the celebration January 30 in New York
Many try, but few succeed in reaching hero status. That’s why we’re excited to announce the 16 finalists selected for their heroic work in making in-house e-discovery better for their team, and for all of us.
These e-discovery heroes will be honored at the Corporate E-Discovery Hero Awards in New York on Jan. 30, 2017 — just preceding the start of Legaltech. Awards will be presented to Michael Arkfeld for lifetime achievement and to the winners in four categories for e-discovery excellence.
Book your seats now
This free, celebratory evening includes a keynote discussion with Nina Totenberg, NPR’s award-winning legal affairs correspondent, awards presentations, and networking with industry experts and peers. Reserve seats for you and your team today!
About the awards
The Corporate E-Discovery Hero Awards, presented by Zapproved, honor e-discovery experts and corporate legal professionals who demonstrate excellence in e-discovery strategy, technology, process, teamwork and overall influence and achievement. An esteemed panel of federal judges, top in-house e-discovery practitioners, and national e-discovery experts review and choose winners who will be announced at the awards presentation event. Sponsors of the event also include BRG, Corporate Legal Operations Consortium (CLOC), D4, and International Legal Technology Association (ILTA). Finalists in these five categories represent a range of e-discovery expertise:
Corporate E-Discovery Hero Award for Lifetime Achievement
- Michael Arkfeld, Founder and Director of Education for the eDiscovery Education Center and Director of the Arkfeld eDiscovery and Digital Program at the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University
Corporate E-Discovery Hero Award for Strategy
- Ron Harry, Honeywell International, Inc.
- Dawn Radcliffe, Transcanada Pipelines Ltd.
- Brett Tarr, Caesars Entertainment, Inc.
Corporate E-Discovery Hero Award for Technology
- Michael Chung, S&P Global
- Michael Knight, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Cortney Starble, CBRE Group, Inc.
Corporate E-Discovery Hero Award for Process
- Laura Curran, Comcast Corporation
- Alexandra Desmond, Sykes Enterprises Incorporated
- Charlotte Riser Harris, Hess Corporation
Corporate E-Discovery Hero Award for Teams
- CSX Transportation, Inc.
- General Electric Company
- McDonald’s Corporation
- Southern California Edison