In the spirit of PREX17, rediscover a judge who made history.
Aside from handing down game-changing decisions, judges have paved the way for human rights. As we prepared the PREX17 judges panel, we reflected on their huge role in history. Without judges, the world would be a very different place.
That’s why we’re recognizing a famous, pioneering judge: Hon. Jane Bolin, born this week (April 11) in 1908.
She is a true hero in our minds. Jane Bolin was the first African-American woman to graduate from Yale Law School (1931) and the first African-American female judge in the United States — serving four decades on New York’s Family Court. During her career and beyond, she made groundbreaking achievements for child and public services.
While Judge Bolin passed away Jan. 8, 2007, her inspiring impact lives on. So please take a moment to reflect on Judge Bolin’s heroic legacy — as well as the tremendous value judges bring to our communities.
Learn more about the life of Judge Bolin:
- Jane Matilda Bolin — A Woman of Firsts
- Jane Bolin, the Country’s First Black Woman to Become Judge, Is Dead at 98
- Honoring Yale’s pioneering African-American alumni
- Black History Month: Creating Leaders at Wellesley College
Meet the PREX17 judges panel and brush up on e-discovery compliance
We’re pleased to introduce the PREX17 judges panel. When you attend PREX, the premier conference for in-house e-discovery, you’ll get to meet these top judges and learn from their expertise on e-discovery case law. Join us to hear straight from judges and gain strategies on preparing your e-discovery process for compliance with the court.
PREX17 distinguished e-discovery judges include:
- Hon. Ron Hedges, Former U. S. Magistrate Judge; adjunct professor at Rutgers School of Law
- Hon. Elizabeth LaPorte, U.S. Magistrate Judge, N.D. Cal., San Francisco, CA, Federal Circuit
- Hon. Frank Maas, Former U.S. Magistrate Judge for the Southern District of New York, Federal Circuit
- Hon. Andrew Peck, U.S. Magistrate Judge, Southern District of New York, Federal Circuit; adjunct professor at Cardozo Law School
- Hon. Xavier Rodriguez, Former Texas Supreme Court Justice; currently serves as U.S. District Judge for the Western District of Texas, Federal Circuit
Register before April 30 for maximum savings of $200. Apply an additional 20% discount if you register two or more using the PREXTEAM promo code.