Preservation in the ediscovery era either works, or fails, on two levels: preservation of relevant data, and preservation of corporate assets. Defining best (or at least better) practices, and citing costly and all too common preservation lapses, was the subject of the Conference on Preservation Excellence panel entitled “The Essential Preservation Plan.” The panel’s composition offered preservation perspectives and tales from all sides: Judicial, plaintiff bar, corporate legal counsel and outside counsel. Panel members included:
- Paul Weiner, National eDiscovery Counsel, Littler Mendelson, P.C., Panel Moderator
- Craig Ball, Craig D. Ball, P.C.
- Bill Butterfield, Partner, Hausfeld LLP
- Hon. Frank Maas, U.S. Magistrate Judge, Southern District of New York
- Dawn Radcliffe, Discovery Manager, TransCanada