See how the new rules are impacting case law — and apply those insights to support your ediscovery success for 2017.
Be sure to get the new E-Discovery Case Law Summaries: 2017 Winter volume from Zapproved. It reveals the latest trends in applying the new Federal Rules of Civil Procedure to address cases involving preservation and discovery missteps.
Dig in to learn what ediscovery pitfalls to avoid and how the courts are bringing issues of proportionality, cooperation and preservation to the forefront. These rulings reflect more nuance in curing prejudice, such as ordering ‘measures no greater than necessary’ and awarding attorney fees and permissive jury instructions.
Summaries cover the gamut of cases, from the high-profile U.S. v Volkswagen AG to the quieter Security Alarm Financing Enterprises and Arrowhead Capital Financial. Together, they add up to a snapshot of where courts are leaning and why noncompliant ediscovery practices are dangerous.
This free volume includes quick ediscovery case law abstracts from the last 10 years, plus full summaries of nine recent cases:
- United States v. Volkswagen AG
- Federal Trade Commission v. DirecTV, Inc.
- Sec. Alarm Fin. Enters., L.P. v. Alarm Protection Tech.
- First Fin. Sec., Inc. v. Freedom Equity Grp.
- Rodman v. Safeway Inc.
- Erhart v. Bofl Holding, Inc.
- Arrowhead Capital Fin., Ltd. v. Seven Arts Entertainment, Inc.
- First Am. Title Ins. Co. v. Northwest Title Ins. Agency
- BMG Rights Mgmt. LLC v. Cox Commc’ns, Inc
Review these summaries now to know where to focus your own ediscovery practices and boost compliance for the year ahead.
We’re here to help you unlock ediscovery mastery. If you need a hand or have questions, please contact us.